Sunday, 22 January 2012

Poem of my Choice 1

Moonlight


I creep in at night
Through the fluttering curtains
Your still face scintillates
In my ambient luminescence.

I’m bigger than any star
In the night sky
Or so appears to the
Feral – yet benevolent – human eye.

Stealing my moment under the limelight
The Selfish Sun bathes the world
In a myriad of watercolour
Over valleys and meadows
Highways and skyscrapers
A rainbow in contrast
To my pallid sight.

Although a rippling reflection
In murky waters
I carry the ocean everyday
From coast to coast
Rock the Great Lakes to sleep
And like a candle flickering
In a bitter breeze
I provide hope
And light to all those willing
To see.


Katy Thompson
Block: 3
January 22, 2012

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! i especially love the lines "i carry the ocean everyday/from coast to coast", it's such a unique combination of words describing something as mundane and ordinary as the daily tide.

    ReplyDelete