Sol
Billions of years old
And seemingly as many light years away
Or so it appears to the cold scientific mind
But not to the sensitive human eye
I live as a glorious, flaming fireball of electrifying energy
A conflagration of red, orange, and yellow
Raging savagely from every curve
I am the source of all power, heat, and light
No life comes into existence except through Me
I am an artist
Earth is my canvas
Life is my art
I create crisp glistening sunrises
And soft salmon-pink sunsets
As the vespertine hours approach
And day transcends to night
I droop below the horizon
Washing the world in a violet dusk
The first stars vainly scintillate the evening sky
Eagerly awaiting the arrival
Of the nocturnal mirror moon
A thief – which illuminates the world anew
With stolen light
I say my last goodnights to the drowsy planet
Just as I say my cheerful good mornings
I am day; I am night
I am the constant hope
For new beginnings
Katy Thompson
Block: 3
January 22, 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment