The Window
Gossamer threads of early morning sun
And the sweet smell of honeydew
Seep in through my bedroom window
I stretch and pull the languid bed sheets
Off the restless rapture that is my soul
Embedded in a zealous body
I eagerly race to the open window
And see spring
Life and colour
A conflagration of green and blue
Summer soon approaches
And again I skip merrily to the window
The sight is still as magnificent as ever
Hews of silver and pure gold
Pour in through that bedroom window
There is growth
And the lush trees breathe in the fresh afternoon breeze
Now it is autumn
And the trees are many different colours
But the leaves fall to the ground as I walk up
To that omniscient window
The sky is aspen, grey
And the sun ducks behind fierce thunderheads
But sometimes comes out to play
On that dark and dreary autumn day
A sudden darkness embodies the world
When winter at last arrives
An irrefragable loss of vibrancy and light
Enervates the hollow room and me
I hobble into the bedroom
Close the shutters
And lay on the bed
Covering myself with the heavy shroud
I say good night to my room
The window
And my soul.
By: Katy Thompson
Block: 3
March 12, 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment